ALPS WEATHER source
FOR NIVOLOGIST AND MOUNTAINEERS
"In this area you will find a compendium of links to many websites related to the snow, avalanches, and avalanche security. We also add a small section of books, with the most interesting titles in snow and avalanche literature.
We hope you will find the basic information for preparing your outings, as well as get to know other avalanche associations, forecast and research centers around the world."
- Association Nationale pour l’Étude de la Neige et des Avalanches (France)
- Associazione interregionale di coordinamento e documentazione per i problemi inerenti alla neve e alle valanghe (Italy)
- European Avalanche Warning Services
- International Commission for Alpine Rescue
- UIAA – International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation
- Avalanche Canada (Canada)
- ASARC – Applied Snow and Avalanche Research (Calgary University)
- Avalanche.org (USA)
- American Avalanche Association
- American Institute for Avalanche Research and Education
Tremper, B. (2016). Avalanches, essential notions. Verticualidad editions. Sahún.
Munter, W. (2007). 3 × 3 Avalanches. Risk management in winter sports. Desnivel editions. Madrid.
Tremper, B. (2008). Staying alive in avalanche terrain. The mountaineers books. Seattle.
McClung, D & Schaerer, P. (2006). The Avalanche Handbook. The Mountaineers Books. 3rd Edition. Seattle.
“Snow” Robert Bolognesi
“Avalanche” Robert Bolognesi